    SubjectRe: 2.6.9-rc2-mm3: swsusp horribly slow on AMD64
    On Saturday 25 of September 2004 23:33, Stefan Seyfried wrote:
    > Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
    > > Pavel,
    > >
    > > I've just tried to suspend my box and I must admit I've given up after 30
    > > minutes (sic!) of waiting when there were only 12% of pages written to
    > > Apparently, swsusp slows down to an unacceptable level after saying "PM:
    > > Writing image to disk".
    > is this reproducible?

    Yes, it is. 100% of the time, AFAICT, though I've tried it for only a couple
    of times.

    > can you get sysrq-t / sysrq-p while it is slow
    > writing to disk?

    Well, I'll try, but sysrq didn't work for me at all on 2.6.9-rc2-mm1, so I'm
    not sure if I really can.

    > I have seen this, too but i cannot nail it down to some specific
    > pattern, it just "sometimes" is slow. Sysrq-p shows me it's almost
    > always in "pccardd" (where it shouldn't be during suspend, iiuc).
    > Unfortunately Pavel does not see this so we have to convince him that
    > this is really a problem ;-)
    > So if you can reproduce this, it would be a step in the right direction.

    It seems that I can. ;-)

    Could it be possible to printk time along with the percentage info (for
    debugging purposes only, of course)?

    - Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?
    - That depends a good deal on where you want to get to.
    -- Lewis Carroll "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland"

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:06    [W:0.021 / U:38.944 seconds]