SubjectRe: The argument for fs assistance in handling archives (was: silent semantic changes with reiser4)
On Thu, 2 Sep 2004, Jamie Lokier wrote:

> Firstly, if I have to do it from a Gnome program, about the only
> program where looking in a tar file is visibly useful is Nautilus.
> Ironically, clicking on a tar file in Nautilus doesn't work,
> despite having a dependency on gnome-vfs2. :/

Do you have file-roller installed?

I can open tar/zip/rar/etc.. files from anywhere in gnome2, eg in
Galeon I can click on a tar.gz URL (http or whatever) and have it
open it in file-roller, from where i can browse the files to my
hearts content.

regards,
--
Paul Jakma paul@clubi.ie paul@jakma.org Key ID: 64A2FF6A