    SubjectRe: [linux-audio-dev] Re: [announce] [patch] Voluntary Kernel Preemption Patch
    Andrea Arcangeli <> wrote:
    > if you're scared that there are too many cond_resched (I'm not scared
    > and people should enable them anyways if they make a difference, they
    > still should be less than the number of spin_unlocks with preempt
    > enabled), then you should add a cond_resched_costly and add a config
    > option that turns it off.

    None of these approaches improves worst-case latency at all on SMP. If
    we're not going to address the SMP problem we could just make it UP-only,
    in which case increased locking costs are a non-issue.

    I'd prefer that we find a solution for SMP too though.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:05    [W:0.019 / U:4.716 seconds]