SubjectRe: your mail
On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 plt@taylorassociate.com wrote:

> Question: Are you guys going to work on please cleaning up some of the errors in
> the code so we can get please get a more clean compile?

I think it's safe to say that there is an ongoing effort to do that.

Some more strict typechecking has recently been introduced (read more
here: http://kerneltrap.org/node/view/3848 ) and this currently cause a
lot of compiler warnings that have yet to be cleaned, but that will happen
in time - faster if you lend a hand.

> drivers/mtd/nftlmount.c:44: warning: unused variable `oob'

This is due to the fact that the code using that variable is currently
within an #if 0 block. I am not familiar with the mtd code, but the
comment in there has this to say :

#if 0 /* Some people seem to have devices without ECC or erase marks
on the Media Header blocks. There are enough other sanity
checks in here that we can probably do without it.
*/

#endif

So it would seem that this bit of code could be on its way out. I'd assume
that once it goes (if it does) that the variable will then be removed as
well.

Ohh and btw, if you want people to pay attention to your emails you should
try adding a descriptive Subject: :)

--
Jesper Juhl