SubjectRe: Latest microcode data from Intel.
On Wed, Sep 15, 2004 at 04:43:59PM +0100, Tigran Aivazian wrote:

> The microcode driver handles the case of different types of CPUs in an SMP
> system internally. Namely, it selects the appropriate microcode data
> chunks for each CPU and then uploads them correctly to each one. Anyway,
> it only works for Intel processors, so AMD is not in the equation anyway
> (unless I discover that AMD processors support similar feature and enhance
> the driver to support it).

They do support the feature, but AMD folks have stated on this list that they
don't intend to release any updates other than through their
conventional means (Ie, BIOS updates).

There was a post just 2-3 weeks ago where someone patched microcode.c to
work on AMD64s.

Dave

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:06    [W:0.131 / U:0.140 seconds]