    SubjectRe: [patch] sched: fix scheduling latencies for !PREEMPT kernels
    On Tue, 2004-09-14 at 22:36, William Lee Irwin III wrote:
    > I have neither of these locally. I suspect someone needs to care enough
    > about the code for anything to happen soon. I suppose there are things
    > that probably weren't tried, e.g. auditing to make sure dependencies on
    > external synchronization are taken care of, removing implicit sleeping
    > with the BKL held, then punt a private recursive spinlock in reiser3's
    > direction. Not sure what went on, or if I want to get involved in this
    > particular case.

    There isn't really any information in the archives about what was
    tried. Here's Andrew's message:

    And Hans':

    I suspect that "Use reiser4 (or ext3) if you care about latency" is a
    good enough answer for most people.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:06    [W:0.019 / U:20.732 seconds]