    SubjectRe: offtopic: how to break huge patch into smaller independent patches?

    > Its kind of offtopic, but I hoped that someone might have some pointers
    > since the kernel developers deal with so many patches.
    >
    > I've been given a massive kernel patch that makes a whole bunch of
    > conceptually independent changes.
    >
    > Does anyone have any advice on how to break it up into independent patches?

    dirdiff is a great tool for this. I think its on samba.org somewhere,
    but you can definitely find it in debian.

    The new version is even better, I think Paul should do a release :)

    Anton

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:06    [W:0.020 / U:5.636 seconds]