SubjectRe: offtopic: how to break huge patch into smaller independent patches?
On Tue, Sep 14, 2004 at 01:48:37PM -0600, Chris Friesen wrote:
> Its kind of offtopic, but I hoped that someone might have some pointers
> since the kernel developers deal with so many patches.
> I've been given a massive kernel patch that makes a whole bunch of
> conceptually independent changes.
> Does anyone have any advice on how to break it up into independent patches?

diffsplit will split it into a patch-per-file, which could be
a good start. If you have multiple changes touching the same file
however, things get a bit more fun, and you get to spend a lot
of time in your favorite text editor glueing bits together.