    SubjectRe: offtopic: how to break huge patch into smaller independent patches?
    On Tue, Sep 14, 2004 at 01:48:37PM -0600, Chris Friesen wrote:
    > Its kind of offtopic, but I hoped that someone might have some pointers
    > since the kernel developers deal with so many patches.
    > I've been given a massive kernel patch that makes a whole bunch of
    > conceptually independent changes.
    > Does anyone have any advice on how to break it up into independent patches?

    diffsplit will split it into a patch-per-file, which could be
    a good start. If you have multiple changes touching the same file
    however, things get a bit more fun, and you get to spend a lot
    of time in your favorite text editor glueing bits together.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:06    [W:0.018 / U:33.076 seconds]