    SubjectRe: Major XFS problems...
    On Thu, Sep 09, 2004 at 04:00:17PM +0200, Jakob Oestergaard wrote:

    > Ok, I must say that mail has some *scary* comments to the patch... This
    > should be interesting :)
    > I'm assuming I should just adapt this to the res->d_bucket change...
    > New patch against attached.

    Ok - the "small" box has been running with this patch since yesterday
    evening - I ran some stress testing on it for some hours yesterday, and
    will be working on the machine all day today.

    So far, it seems like the patch at least hasn't broken anything (if I
    had file corruption I should have noticed already, because the testing
    I've been doing is some large compile/link jobs - those things tend to
    fail if the .o files are corrupted).

    It's a little early to say if it solves the problem. I would say it
    looks good so far - but let's see.

    We'll also have to see about the test setup duplicating the "large" box.

    I'll let you know if anything breaks - and I'll ask to have the patch
    included by the end of the week, if the small box hasn't hosed itself by

    / jakob

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:06    [W:0.020 / U:6.100 seconds]