SubjectRe: Major XFS problems...
Jakob Oestergaard wrote:

><frustrated_admin mode="on">
>
>Does anyone actually use XFS for serious file-serving? (yes, I run it
>on my desktop at home and I don't have problems there - such reports are
>not really relevant).
>
>Is anyone actually maintaining/bugfixing XFS? Yes, I know the
>MAINTAINERS file, but I am a little bit confused here - seeing that
>trivial-to-trigger bugs that crash the system and have simple fixes,
>have not been fixed in current mainline kernels.
>
>If XFS is a no-go because of lack of support, is there any realistic
>alternatives under Linux (taking our need for quota into account) ?
>
>And finally, if Linux is simply a no-go for high performance file
>serving, what other suggestions might people have? NetApp?
>
></>

In my expierence XFS, was right after JFS the worst and the slowest
filesystem ever made.
Since than, I am using reiserfs 3.6. I don't need quota for my servers,
but there is patch avaliable for it I belive, from SuSE.
ReiserFS is da most reliable FS for linux (with journaling). If you
don't need journaling, ext2 is da choice.

--
GJ