    SubjectRe: netwinder or ARM build platform
    On Fri, Sep 10, 2004 at 12:22:23AM +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:

    > > BK found another bad hard drive today, on our netwinder. The disk is dieing
    > > badly unfortunately and I don't have installation media for this beast.
    > > I suspect I can go find it but does anyone know of a faster build platform
    > > for arm? Russell uses bk on arms (no kidding, that's amazing) and so we
    > > continue to support it but that netwinder is just amazingly slow. If there
    > > is a faster platform we want one.
    > TBH I'd suggest cross-building and testing in qemu-arm. Assuming
    > qemu-arm is actually working now.

    Not quite. It works okay for simple binaries now, but still craps out
    on running bigger apps such as gcc.

    I'm using the gumstix ( myself for little endian ARM
    builds, but they only have 64M RAM and no ethernet or IDE. For big
    endian, I use the Linksys NSLU2, which has only 32M RAM but ethernet
    and dual USB (which lets you hook up a disk each.)

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:06    [W:0.018 / U:15.384 seconds]