SubjectRe: radeon-pre-2

--- Alan Cox <> wrote:
> On Sad, 2004-09-11 at 16:53, Vladimir Dergachev wrote:
> > Lastly, I am not saying you have to put all the code in the same
> file.
> > All I am saying we can mandate that all Radeon HW specific code is
> linked
> > in one module - and this would make things easier for developers.
> And if I want dri but not frame buffer, or vice versa, as the majority
> of current users do
Hopefully any change to the kernel will allow building FB without DRM.
This is a trivial seperation of code, that I might add has allready been
done, a good point that we should keep it this way. Yes, there will be
some new memory mngmt code, posibly optonal as well, that is needed for
multi-headed setups.