    SubjectRe: radeon-pre-2

    --- Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk> wrote:

    > On Sad, 2004-09-11 at 16:53, Vladimir Dergachev wrote:
    > > Lastly, I am not saying you have to put all the code in the same
    > file.
    > > All I am saying we can mandate that all Radeon HW specific code is
    > linked
    > > in one module - and this would make things easier for developers.
    >
    > And if I want dri but not frame buffer, or vice versa, as the majority
    > of current users do

    Hopefully any change to the kernel will allow building FB without DRM.
    This is a trivial seperation of code, that I might add has allready been
    done, a good point that we should keep it this way. Yes, there will be
    some new memory mngmt code, posibly optonal as well, that is needed for
    multi-headed setups.