SubjectRe: Major XFS problems...
Anton Blanchard wrote:

>>In my expierence XFS, was right after JFS the worst and the slowest
>>filesystem ever made.
>>

>On our NFS benchmarks JFS is _significantly_ faster than ext3 and
>reiserfs. It depends on your workload but calling JFS the worst and
>slowest filesystem ever made is unfair.

as always, I am speaking for my own and colegues expierence.
We are using dell SMP machines with p3 and p4, different speeds. Plus
hardware SCSI raid5's.
For samba, and VoIP services, CVS, and mail. Maybe JFS works nicely with
NFS, but my expierence shows
that XFS is the slowest among all filesystems vaillia linux 2.6 can
serve. JFS was not so extensively tested, but it doesn't do miracles,
and expierence shows it's rather close to XFS. Reiserfs so far was the
finest. Maybe because we have pretty much number of files, mostly small
ones. I don't know.
I didn't ment to hurt anyone's feelings, just giving my opinion on FSs.

Thanks.

--
GJ