SubjectRe: Embedded Linux :: How different is it?
On Mer, 2004-09-01 at 11:23, Arjan van de Ven wrote:
> yes you absolutely are entitled to the full source code including
> "all the source code for all modules it contains, plus any
> associated interface definition files, plus the scripts used to
> control compilation and installation"
>
> In fact the vendor of the phone is required to either ship the source
> with the phone (rare) or include a written offer to give you the source.

Several appliances I have seen stick a large zip of the sources on the
CD that comes with them and otherwise contains windows drivers, adobe
acrobat and the manual they were too cheap to print.

Its also worth emphasizing that you shouldn't expect a Linux based phone
vendor to do anything more than suggest you buy a new one if you break
it reflashing the OS with your own changes 8)

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:05    [W:0.041 / U:0.424 seconds]