    On Wed, 1 Sep 2004, Prasad wrote:

    >> "Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(0,0)"
    > Your partition table suggests that there are two different partitions for
    > '/boot'
    > and '/'. The GRUB loads the kernel from '/boot' which is (hd0,0) but the
    > kernel is unable to find the '/' partition. You may pass it using the
    > parameter
    > root=/dev/hda3.
    > That should work.
    > Prasad

    It may not work. As he said in the original message, he found lot's of other
    people with that problem, including... myself. Since 2.6.4 I can't boot any 2.6
    kernel, allways with that Kernel panic. I've tried several things, including
    using the root=/dev/hda3 parameter, and, at the time, I've raised the issue
    here on LKML, but no conclusion has been reached.

    A search on LKML led me to this:

    Mind Booster Noori

    - --
    Marcos Daniel Marado Torres AKA Mind Booster Noori -
    () Join the ASCII ribbon campaign against html email, Microsoft
    /\ attachments and Software patents. They endanger the World.
    Sign a petition against patents:
    Version: GnuPG v1.2.1 (GNU/Linux)
    Comment: Made with pgp4pine 1.76

    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:05    [W:0.020 / U:20.728 seconds]