SubjectRe: [RFC] Bug zapper? :)

Rik van Riel wrote:
> On Mon, 9 Aug 2004, John Richard Moser wrote:
>

>>What I'm suggesting isn't much though, is it really?
>

> Then why haven't you done it already ? ;)

Alright, it's a big undertaking ;)

> On a more serious note, some other people are already
> auditing the code on a regular basis, while you weren't
> paying attention ...

I'm suggesting things to make code auditing simpler, more accurate, more
precise. "Quality-Assurance audited code still contains on average 5
bugs per kloc" is a really nasty thought.

http://lkml.org/lkml/2004/8/9/369 was the major explaination. It's big
and clunky to have before each function; but at least it's not ugly, and
it's potentially helpful. Maybe a few of the like in the smallest
driver possible to see how it feels? (/dev/mem?)