    > >From: Albert Cahalan <>
    > >> 5) Take a look at /etc/path_to_inst and call "man path_to_inst"
    > >>
    > >> The used method even works nicely for USB devices.
    > >OK, I took a look.
    > You obviously did not :-(
    > Please don't try to comment things you did not verify with a
    > running Solaris.

    If the behavior doesn't match the man page, it's buggy.

    Looking through your source code, I see that several
    additional OSes can handle addressing by device name,
    but you've disabled this for them. I pity the users.
    It's even obvious how to use drive letters on NT.

    I would be happy to maintain a decent cdrecord, provided
    that somebody can find me some funding. This would take
    a great deal more time than procps does currently.
    It would require a never-ending supply of blank disks
    and, at least initially, a pile of hardware.

    I'm not kidding. If some Linux distributer or Linux .org
    can fund me (my kids like to eat), I'll fix this problem.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:05    [W:0.019 / U:6.420 seconds]