    SubjectRe: Possible dcache BUG
    On Thu, Aug 05, 2004 at 11:33:44AM +0300, Denis Vlasenko wrote:

    > You may use cpuburn to test RAM/CPU too.
    >
    > Although I have a memory which, when clocked a bit too high,
    > pass both memtest86 and cpuburn for extended periods of time,
    > yet large compile runs die with sig11 sometimes. Using a tiny
    > bit less aggressive clocking helped. :)
    > --
    > vda

    Oh yes, now I remember that it was you who recommened cpuburn to me back
    in April/May or so. I also was suspicious that neither memtest86 nor
    cpuburn were really stressful enough, but the large-compiles-in-a-loop
    weren't any better for me. I would _love_ to just have some confident
    test to say "yep, your hardware is bad, go buy a shiny new box" :)

    I've seen memtest86 actually find bad RAM on a machine before, so I know
    it works _sometimes_. Can anyone say the same for cpuburn? What does
    a failure look like, and were there correlated symptoms like kernel oopses?

    -chris
    > -

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:04    [W:2.312 / U:0.200 seconds]