    >From: Jens Axboe <>

    >ATA method is misnamed, it's really SG_IO that is used. And you want to
    >use that regardless of the device type, SCSI or ATAPI. There's no such
    >thing as an ATA burner, and there's no need to differentiate between
    >SCSI or ATAPI CD-ROM's when burning - SG_IO is the method to use. So
    >forget browsing /proc/ide and other hacks.

    I am sorry but as Linux already has 6 different interfaces for sending
    Generic SCSI commands and thus, we are running out of names.

    Let me give you an advise: consolidate Linux so that is does only need
    /dev/sg and fix the bugs in ide-scsi instead of constantly inventing new
    unneeded interfaces.

    -- (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin (uni) If you don't have iso-8859-1 (work) chars I am J"org Schilling

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:04    [W:0.024 / U:0.432 seconds]