    SubjectRe: IPMI driver updates for 2.4

    Hi Corey,

    You wrote a nice changelog entry - thanks for that.

    I'm not sure if we should apply all of this in v2.4. It looks like a
    big driver revamp to me.

    Is is all this critical for being merged in v2.4.x now?

    Would it be very painful/unwanted to maintain only the bugfixes
    and not only new features? What you think about that?

    On Sun, Aug 29, 2004 at 10:39:38PM -0500, Corey Minyard wrote:
    > Marcelo Tosatti wrote:
    > >Corey,
    > >
    > >Care to write a detailed changelog so we can apply this?
    > >
    > >Thanks
    > >

    > I'm sorry this took so long, I have been dealing with disasters at work.
    > Ok, a detailed changelog:
    > * Add a new "system interface" driver that supports all the standard
    > IPMI system interfaces (SMIC, BT, and KCS, see the IPMI spec for
    > more details if you care). This driver will auto-detect the interface
    > type and parameters via SMBIOS or ACPI tables.
    > * Deprecate the old KCS-only interface.
    > * Support non-contiguous registers for system interfaces.
    > * Add support for IPMI LAN bridging so messages can be received
    > from and sent to system software connected to a LAN interface.
    > * Add support for powering off the system on a halt via the IPMI
    > interface.
    > * Add support for storing panic logs in the IPMI event log.
    > * Allow control of message parameters (resends, timeouts)
    > I've also re-attached the patch.
    > Thanks,

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:05    [W:0.021 / U:107.696 seconds]