SubjectRe: [util-linux] readprofile ignores the last element in /proc/profile
William Lee Irwin III wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 25, 2004 at 12:22:09AM +0900, mita akinobu wrote:
>>The readprofile command does not print the number of clock ticks about
>>the last element in profiling buffer.
>>Since the number of clock ticks which occur on the module functions is
>>as same as the value of the last element of prof_buffer[]. when many
>>ticks occur on there, some users who browsing the output of readprofile
>>may overlook the fact that the bottle-neck may exist in the modules.
>>I create the patch which enable to print clock ticks of the last
>>element as "*unknown*".
> Well, since I couldn't stop vomiting for hours after I looked at the
> code for readprofile(1), here's a reimplementation, with various
> misfeatures removed, included as a MIME attachment.

While you're at it, can readprofile work by reading the symbols from

If it can, this could be added to the list of files that it tries to
open, so that it could work even if wasn't available.

Paulo Marques -

To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer.
Farmers' Almanac, 1978

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:05    [W:0.114 / U:1.800 seconds]