    SubjectRe: [patch] mlock-as-nonroot revisted
    On Wed, 4 Aug 2004, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:
    > On Tue, Aug 03, 2004 at 09:21:34PM -0400, Rik van Riel wrote:
    > > This is exactly why named hugetlb files are NOT included
    > > in this accounting, only the ones created through the SHM
    > > interface are.
    >
    > but you're allowing everybody to alloc all RAM in hugetlb files with
    > the change in the previos patch posted by Arjan

    Nope, Arjan's patch (and my incremental) touch hugetlb_zero_setup,
    which only seems to be called from ipc/shm.c

    Normal hugetlb file creation (through the filesystem) isn't touched
    by these patches.

    > (you're currently posted incremental patches against Arjan's patch at
    > the top of the thread I hope), so you must definitely apply "this"
    > accounting to hugetlb files too or it's still insecure as far as I can
    > tell.

    The patch only touches "anonymous" hugetlb files, ie. the ones
    created through ipc/shm.c. I'm not sure why you claim that the
    others would be affected by this patch...