    SubjectRe: XFS: how to NOT null files on fsck?
    L A Walsh <> writes:

    > Now I know it takes a while before data may end up on disk and that it
    > may not go out to disk in an ordered fashion, but 2-3 days? This isn't
    > a case of a multi-extent file. My current fstab is only 1335 bytes long.
    > I doubt it has ever been more than 2.

    Is this perhaps on a laptop? Some scripts for laptop use configure
    insanely long data flush times to conserve HD spin time. Sometimes
    it is even completely turned off (laptop mode). The extent
    flush is dependent on the configured bdflush or pdflushd data

    The truncate is independent from this because it is flushed with a
    different path.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:04    [W:0.019 / U:12.324 seconds]