    SubjectRe: [patch] mlock-as-nonroot revisted
    On Tue, Aug 03, 2004 at 05:31:08PM -0400, Rik van Riel wrote:
    > If root wants to screw over a user, there's nothing we
    > can do. I am not worried about the scenario you describe
    > because hugetlbfs seems to be used only by Oracle anyway,
    > so you won't run into issues like you describe.

    hugetlbfs isn't only used by oracle. Anyways if you were right then why
    is there a IPC_CAP_LOCK in hugetlbfs in the first place? If Oracle is
    the only user then just drop such check and stop binding rlimits to
    persistent fs objects.

    > It would be different for a general purpose filesystem,
    > but I'd like to see a usage case for your scenario before
    > making the code overly complex.

    if calling chown on hugetlbfs makes no sense then why is chown available
    in the first place?

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:04    [W:0.019 / U:74.520 seconds]