SubjectRe: [util-linux] readprofile ignores the last element in /proc/profile
On Sun, Aug 29, 2004 at 11:41:14AM -0700, William Lee Irwin III wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 29, 2004 at 09:22:52AM -0700, William Lee Irwin III wrote:
> > Well, since I couldn't stop vomiting for hours after I looked at the
> > code for readprofile(1), here's a reimplementation, with various
> > misfeatures removed, included as a MIME attachment.
>
> I guess I might as well write a diffprof(1) too.

Thanks!

<mutter>
Is it really necessary to tell Alessandro Rubini, Stephane Eranian,
Andrew Morton, Werner Almesberger, John Levon, Nikita Danilov
that their work makes you vomit?
Many kernel people have such unpleasant habits.
It fully suffices to say that you considered the original code
too ugly to fix.
</mutter>

<util-linux maintainer>
Your code still requires some polishing. No localized messages, etc.
And next, you removed some features, but do not indicate what
replacement you see.
For example, Andrew added the -M option that sets a frequency.
Are you going to contribute a write_profile too?
Or do you think nobody should wish to set a frequency?
</util-linux maintainer>

Andries

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans