    SubjectRe: [util-linux] readprofile ignores the last element in /proc/profile
    On Sun, Aug 29, 2004 at 11:41:14AM -0700, William Lee Irwin III wrote:
    > On Sun, Aug 29, 2004 at 09:22:52AM -0700, William Lee Irwin III wrote:
    > > Well, since I couldn't stop vomiting for hours after I looked at the
    > > code for readprofile(1), here's a reimplementation, with various
    > > misfeatures removed, included as a MIME attachment.
    > I guess I might as well write a diffprof(1) too.

    Is it really necessary to tell Alessandro Rubini, Stephane Eranian,
    Andrew Morton, Werner Almesberger, John Levon, Nikita Danilov
    that their work makes you vomit?
    Many kernel people have such unpleasant habits.
    It fully suffices to say that you considered the original code
    too ugly to fix.

    <util-linux maintainer>
    Your code still requires some polishing. No localized messages, etc.
    And next, you removed some features, but do not indicate what
    replacement you see.
    For example, Andrew added the -M option that sets a frequency.
    Are you going to contribute a write_profile too?
    Or do you think nobody should wish to set a frequency?
    </util-linux maintainer>

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:05    [W:0.038 / U:90.304 seconds]