    SubjectRe: Termination of the Philips Webcam Driver (pwc)

    On Sun, 29 Aug 2004, Alan Cox wrote:
    > He is not sole author. Large parts of the code are based on other
    > authors work and simply copied from the standard framework. Please put
    > back the version without the hooks. It is useful to all sorts of people
    > in that form.

    Are you willing to stand up for that and be the maintainer for it?

    I'm disgusted by how many people have been complaining, yet when I ask
    people to step up and actually _do_ something about it, people suddenly
    become very quiet, or continue complaining about it ignoring the
    fundamental issue.

    Everybody (including you, Alan, so don't go hoity-toity on us) has
    apparently totally ignored my calls for a new maintainer, and asking the
    people involved who wrote parts of the driver for their input. I quote an
    email from me: