    SubjectRe: DTrace-like analysis possible with future Linux kernels?
    On Maw, 2004-08-24 at 05:14, Joerg Schilling wrote:
    > Dou you know of any other system where you can say:
    > Print me a strack trace with symbols for all processes on this
    > computer (even stripped ones) that call gettimeofday() within the
    > next few seconds.
    > Note that you do not need a special kernel, no reboot, no restart of
    > applications.

    Linux, BSD since 1990 or so.... For that matter I can do the same for
    dynamically linked applications at library level. The difference is that
    I don't have a happy point-and-click UI for it I have to go write a
    little bit of code and the efficiency level. The SuSE proposed patch for
    syscall restriction conveniently offers a way to remove the overhead.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:05    [W:0.019 / U:11.856 seconds]