SubjectRe: reiser4 plugins
Hans Reiser writes:

> What I should have done was what I did with fsync performance. With
> fsync performance I told people that we had not yet tuned for it, please
> wait a bit and we will tune for it, for now it sucks.

Right, and instead of this you are now claiming that these `benchmarks'
show superior reiser4 performance. Moreover, you are doing this
aggressively and proposing other people to `eat the dust' over what
happened to only exist due to your failing to remember something. As
some other notable LKML poster put it `inform yourself before
posting'. :-)

> Instead what I did was discuss with Zam at the time how it could be
> fixed, leave it off the website until Zam was given a chance to fix it,

It wasn't Zam. It was me to begin with. OVERWRITE and MODIFY phases were
turned off after switching to large keys.

> and then I managed to forget about it. After release one remembers
> what all the things that should have been fixed before release were, sigh.

[...]

> I think your characterization of my reasons was unkind and also unfair.

What fairness and kindness one expects after styling others as `puppies'
in public, and commenting on their hair style in purportedly technical
argument?

[...]

> Hans

Nikita.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:05    [W:2.646 / U:0.000 seconds]