SubjectRe: reverse engineering pwcx
Craig Milo Rogers wrote:

> If the "now clearly false" is meant to be a consequence of the
>entropy measurements poster I referred to, I wouldn't jump the gun.
>On reflection, it's entirely natural for a decompressed stream to
>examine less entropy than the corresponding compressed stream!

First let me apologize to the list. I get carried away now and then :)

Actually I was refering to the fact that these algorithms are not
"decompression" in any way shape or form. These cameras don't capture
640x480 images, compress them in hardware, transfer the data over a USB
cable for the driver to then "decompress". They capture at some lower
resolution (160x120 has been claimed) and the driver simply interpolates
the data to produce the claimed resolution. There is nothing "true"
about the 640x480 resolution at all.

So yeah, Logitech is making false claims to their customers and seeing
as they get their chips from Philips I'm thinking they are responsible.

Trent

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:05    [W:0.046 / U:0.128 seconds]