    SubjectRe: Termination of the Philips Webcam Driver (pwc)

    On Fri, 27 Aug 2004, Xavier Bestel wrote:
    > What if someone steps up and want to maintain and extend this piece of
    > code ? Will you forbid him (as in "not in my tree") ?

    I'd suggest you contact the people who have worked on that driver (there's
    certainly people outside of nemosoft, at least according to the
    changelogs) and see what they feel like and try to gauge how much they
    were part of driver development.

    I'd _really_ prefer not to step on original authors toes.

    Quite frankly, the best option is for people who love the driver to plead
    with the author(s). It's totally pointless to flame him/them, that will
    just irritate them and make them less likely to be inclined to say "sure,
    go ahead and maintain the old driver".

    But Greg is right - we don't keep hooks that are there purely for binary
    drivers. If somebody wants a binary driver, it had better be a whole
    independent thing - and it won't be distributed with the kernel.

      Last update: 2009-11-18 23:46    [W:0.018 / U:9.288 seconds]