    SubjectRe: Latest Altix I/O code reorganization code
    Christoph Hellwig wrote:
    > On Fri, Aug 27, 2004 at 10:14:23AM -0500, Patrick Gefre wrote:
    >>Patch 1 of 26
    >>This patch is too large for email see:
    > Stoop again. This absolutely does not look like a change after which the
    > tree build, right? After how many of the patches do we get a useable

    > kernel for SN2? Please split your changes into LOGICAL steps, e.g.

    26 - hence the 1 of 26

    > - dma mapping rework
    > - usage of SAL interfaces
    > - hwgrpah removal
    > - renaming of files without code changes
    > - addition of new hardware support
    > - etc..

    The code was completely redone. It was not done in sections. Breaking them into
    pieces is nothing more than an academic exercise. It is not useable until all
    the code changes have been made because it would require a prom that followed these
    changes. The point of a review was to get comments on the CONTENT of the code not
    the format of the patches.

    > everything else is simply not reviewable. (and the above is intentionally
    > an order which I think would make sense)

    The easiest way to review is to delete the old directorory and apply the new ioif
    files. Reviewing it as patches doesn't make any sense. The new code is very small and
    it should be possible to look at it intact.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:05    [W:0.020 / U:19.928 seconds]