SubjectRe: Still a memory leak with cdrecord
Frank Steiner <> wrote in

> I'm not able to really track the problem down, because it is not
> permanent. PCs that were leaking yesterday, went fine this morning
> for the first 2-3 CDs, then started leaking again. Another PC
> that was leaking first, is now burning CDs without problems. All
> that with DMA always off for all the burners. I've also one
> PC that is always burning CDs without any leak (and they
> are all running the same kernel and have the same distribution/
> packet selection installed...).
> I've no idea what's causing that flip-flop between leaking/non-leaking
> behaviour, but some bug is still there. What can I do to provide
> useful debugging information?
> Following is the output of the oom killer.

I'm not sure, but this sounds a bit similar to a problem I am seeing. Are
you by any chance using the CFQ scheduler?! (elevator=cfq) If so, give
elevator=as or elevator=deadline a go.

The problem I'm seeing is that processes that allocate large amounts of
memory, are OOM killed or cause swap storms.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:05    [W:0.095 / U:2.152 seconds]