    SubjectRe: Linux Incompatibility List
    On Sad, 2004-08-21 at 20:41, David N. Welton wrote:

    I think the "compatibility list" side is the more important. Trying to
    punish non helpful products/vendors isn't as productive as helping stuff
    that is Linux friendly.

    > Product Name:
    >
    > Manufacturer:
    >
    > Model Number:
    >
    > Chipset:

    At what level is "Product" - do you need a category. How do you want
    to classify devices. I think this matters because you want eventually
    to be able to deal with things like tools that let users rate their
    setup functionality and submit it automatically.

    > How bad it is (1 to 10, 9 being it almost works and has only minor
    > bugs):
    >
    > Reason (no specs, driver still being worked on, ...):
    >
    > Url for more info:
    >
    > An email address of yours that we may publish (so that we can contact
    > you if someone says "no, that works just fine!"):

    Wikipedia has a discussion page tagged to each article/entry. This works
    extremely well because it provides a public forum for discussion of what
    does/doesn't work, why and when.

    Could you add "Kernel.org bugzilla #" for not working ones, both to help
    people track them and to encourage submissions ?

    Alan

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:05    [W:2.796 / U:0.008 seconds]