SubjectRe: Linux Incompatibility List

[BTW, please CC replies to me. Thanks! ]

As far as binary only drivers and things of that ilk, I intend to list
them on the site, and describe the situation as accurately as
possible: "this does work, on x86, but only with one guaranteed kernel
version, etc...". I would rate it around a 5 out of 10. With that in
mind, specific model numbers/chipsets/whatever else is available for
nVidia and broadcom equipment is welcome. I will put those on the
wiki myself (still got some kinks).

I don't want to beat up on companies, or at least that's not the
central idea. I want to provide a place for people to check quickly
if they're thinking about buying something, or if they've just bought
it, so they can see what the potential problems are.

Thankyou,
--
David N. Welton
Apache Tcl: http://tcl.apache.org/