    On Sun, 22 Aug 2004, Horst von Brand wrote:

    > In the end, I'd only say that I've been on LKML for a long, long time
    > (since it started, more or less). And each single time the head hackers
    > agreed on something, and there was a single dissenter, the dissenter was in
    > the wrong. Sure, this time could be different, but I have seen absolutely
    > no (yes, _no_) evidence here to the contrary.

    There _are_ cases where a kernel patch sneaked to a subsystem maintainer
    has made it even when some of the "heads" said it was impossible.

    The key is convincing a subsystem maintainer that the patch helps and
    doesn't hurt. And that doesn't work with a rant and can sometime take a
    kernel patch to show how it works. A decent patch with a more decent
    description works wonders - usually.

    --
    Matthias Andree

    NOTE YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE MY MAIL IF YOU'RE USING SPF!
    Encrypted mail welcome: my GnuPG key ID is 0x052E7D95 (PGP/MIME preferred)