SubjectRe: Linux Incompatibility List
On Sat, Aug 21, 2004 at 06:03:59PM -0400, Wakko Warner wrote:

> > > Broadcom's wireless chips come to mind...
> >
> > Sounds good. I wouldn't know one if it bit me on the leg, though, can
> > you point to list archives, a web site, or reassure me that if I
> > google for it I will get the right information? I'd like models or a
> > range of models if possible, and why they don't work, and any notes or
> > additional information about the situation.
>
> The linksys G cards (pci/cardbus) both use broadcom chips. Not sure the
> exact model numbers. I have 2 at work that are broadcom.

Most routers with 4 ethernet ports for internal network, 1 ethernet
port for external network and a wireless output which have a lot of
functionality run Linux with a closed-source wireless driver:

Linksys WRT54g, ASUS WL-500g/b, and probably more...

--
Rutger Nijlunsing ---------------------------- rutger ed tux tmfweb nl
never attribute to a conspiracy which can be explained by incompetence