    SubjectRe: Linux Incompatibility List
    On Sat, Aug 21, 2004 at 06:03:59PM -0400, Wakko Warner wrote:

    > > > Broadcom's wireless chips come to mind...
    > >
    > > Sounds good. I wouldn't know one if it bit me on the leg, though, can
    > > you point to list archives, a web site, or reassure me that if I
    > > google for it I will get the right information? I'd like models or a
    > > range of models if possible, and why they don't work, and any notes or
    > > additional information about the situation.
    >
    > The linksys G cards (pci/cardbus) both use broadcom chips. Not sure the
    > exact model numbers. I have 2 at work that are broadcom.

    Most routers with 4 ethernet ports for internal network, 1 ethernet
    port for external network and a wireless output which have a lot of
    functionality run Linux with a closed-source wireless driver:

    Linksys WRT54g, ASUS WL-500g/b, and probably more...

    --
    Rutger Nijlunsing ---------------------------- rutger ed tux tmfweb nl
    never attribute to a conspiracy which can be explained by incompetence