    SubjectRe: Linux Incompatibility List

    > > > Sounds interesting; is there a vendor blacklist (i.e. vendors that are
    > > > either hostile toward or simply don't care about Linux and their products
    > > > just won't ever work with Linux?)
    > >
    > > Broadcom's wireless chips come to mind...
    > Nvidia. AFAIK all nvidia Linux drivers are either binary-only or
    > reverse-engineered.

    True, however, their video cards *DO* work on linux (even though it is
    binary-only). I have a laptop that has the chip. Does any broadcom
    wireless chip work on linux (ndis wrapper or that piece of junk from
    linuxant doesn't count)

    > To add insult to injury they have a stupid 20+page 'Nvidia Linux
    > Advantage' whitepaper on their site that conveniently fails to mention
    > the above. They probably spent more money for some marketroid to put
    > that together than they ever spent on actually supporting Linux.

    Haven't seen that myself.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:05    [W:0.019 / U:1.028 seconds]