SubjectRe: Linux Incompatibility List

> > > Sounds interesting; is there a vendor blacklist (i.e. vendors that are
> > > either hostile toward or simply don't care about Linux and their products
> > > just won't ever work with Linux?)
> >
> > Broadcom's wireless chips come to mind...
> Nvidia. AFAIK all nvidia Linux drivers are either binary-only or
> reverse-engineered.

True, however, their video cards *DO* work on linux (even though it is
binary-only). I have a laptop that has the chip. Does any broadcom
wireless chip work on linux (ndis wrapper or that piece of junk from
linuxant doesn't count)

> To add insult to injury they have a stupid 20+page 'Nvidia Linux
> Advantage' whitepaper on their site that conveniently fails to mention
> the above. They probably spent more money for some marketroid to put
> that together than they ever spent on actually supporting Linux.

Haven't seen that myself.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:05    [W:0.090 / U:7.240 seconds]