    SubjectRE: [patch] voluntary-preempt-2.6.8.1-P4
    Date
    > On Thu, 2004-08-19 at 16:37, karl.vogel@seagha.com wrote:
    > > The following latency trace is generated each time the
    > sound driver is opened
    > > by an application on my box.
    > >

    > This is a pretty big trace. Please try to trim these, especially if a
    > few lines repeat hundreds of times (common).

    Point taken.. I'll blame the 21'' for not noticing the length :)

    > The comment seems to imply that the author didn't like the
    > mdelay but it
    > didn't work otherwise. What happens if you get rid of the mdelay?
    >
    > Lee

    The author didn't like it, but he still put it in, so there must
    be a very good reason for it, no? Anyway I will try it out this
    evening.

    The code also indicates that it is to reset back to 2 channel mode,
    but my notebook only has 2 output channels - so in my case I can
    probably skip the entire code snippet.

    I'm not a kernel hacker, but I wonder if a lock around the driver
    initialisation wouldn't allow it to run with preemption turned on?

    Karl.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:05    [W:0.021 / U:89.568 seconds]