SubjectRe: 2.6.8.1-mm2 - reiser4
Anton Blanchard <anton@samba.org> wrote:

> > Oh, and another one. The reiser 4 system call
> > sys_reiserfs seems to need an additional patch,
> > which is craftily hidden inside reiser4-only.patch
> >
> > That patch creates fs/reiser4/linux-5_reiser4_syscall.patch,
> > which I can only assume reiser 4 users should apply...
>
> I would assume a compat layer interface would be a requirement to
> merging such a syscall interface. Does it exist?

It's my understanding that sys_reiser4() is basically defunct at this point.

It will probably be revived at some time in the future but we'd be best
off crossing that bridge when we arrive at it, and ignoring the syscall
part of the code at this time.

For review purposes it would be better if the syscall code and all the
namesys debug support code simply weren't present in the patch. But one
can sympathise with the need to keep it there for the time being. Please
just read around it.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:05    [W:0.641 / U:0.676 seconds]