    SubjectRe: Possible dcache BUG
    Date
    On Friday 20 August 2004 16:11, R. J. Wysocki wrote:[...]

    >There's a simple test you can do unless your DIMMs must go in pairs
    > (I don't remember if it's required by nforce2): remove one of them
    > and see what happens.

    To get dual channel DDR, they have to be in a pair. Since this post,
    they've been swapped one for the other, and I'll be curious to see if
    the address goes to an even address when it errors, which it hasn't
    yet.

    > If you can reproduce the same symptoms on
    > each of them separately, I'd bet on a cache problem.

    That makes sense, so I can try that too. I hadn't thought of that,
    duh!
    >Greetings,

    Someone else asked if ECC was on, but this board doesn't have it, and
    the memory has a blank pattern where the parity chip would be. So I
    think its safe to say no :)

    --
    Cheers, Gene
    -Ed Howdershelt (Author)

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:05    [W:4.053 / U:0.024 seconds]