    Andrew Morton wrote:

    | - Added Con's staircase CPU scheduler.
    | This will probably have to come out again because various people
    | are still fiddling with the CPU scheduler. But my feeling here is
    | that the current 1st-gen CPU scheduler has been tweaked as far as
    | it can go and is still not 100% right. It is time to start
    | thinking about a new design which addresses the requirements and
    | current problems by algorithmic means rather than by tweaking.
    | Removing over 300 lines from the scheduler is a good sign.
    | Feedback on this patch is sought.
    I'm glad you added staircase, I've had better experiences with
    staircase than the one which was mainstream before, I don't have any
    actual timings on it, but it felt more responsive under heavier
    load(Compiling much, listening to music, browsing...). :)

    - --
    Espen Fjellvær Olsen
    Version: GnuPG v1.2.5 (GNU/Linux)
    Comment: Using GnuPG with Thunderbird -

    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:04    [W:0.021 / U:139.616 seconds]