SubjectRe: 2.6.8-rc2-mm2
On Mon, Aug 02, 2004 at 06:52:40AM -0700, William Lee Irwin III wrote:
> Speaking of cleanups, I've got a little something.
> This mass slaughter of duplicated code is a cleanup of /proc/profile
> that consolidates code across all arches and privatizes private state.
> Compiletested on x86-64. Prior incarnations of earlier cleanups this
> is based on were runtime tested on ia32, x86-64, sparc64, and alpha.
> The purpose of these cleanups in their prior incarnations has been for
> use as a preparatory cleanup for profiling other kinds of events in
> /proc/profile's buffer (or similar buffers). There has recently been a
> need to discover which codepaths were responsible for leaking inodes
> that were leaking that similar cleanups in combination with some slab
> profiling hooks are being used to instrument.

Successfully runtime-tested on x86-64 in combination with patches to
unrelated areas of the kernel (poisoning certain portions of certain
data structures that should not need to be allocated and should never
be accessed). Zero userspace-visible changes to output or interface.

-- wli

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:04    [W:0.156 / U:1.232 seconds]