    SubjectRe: 2.6.8-rc2-mm2
    On Mon, Aug 02, 2004 at 06:52:40AM -0700, William Lee Irwin III wrote:
    > Speaking of cleanups, I've got a little something.
    > This mass slaughter of duplicated code is a cleanup of /proc/profile
    > that consolidates code across all arches and privatizes private state.
    > Compiletested on x86-64. Prior incarnations of earlier cleanups this
    > is based on were runtime tested on ia32, x86-64, sparc64, and alpha.
    > The purpose of these cleanups in their prior incarnations has been for
    > use as a preparatory cleanup for profiling other kinds of events in
    > /proc/profile's buffer (or similar buffers). There has recently been a
    > need to discover which codepaths were responsible for leaking inodes
    > that were leaking that similar cleanups in combination with some slab
    > profiling hooks are being used to instrument.

    Successfully runtime-tested on x86-64 in combination with patches to
    unrelated areas of the kernel (poisoning certain portions of certain
    data structures that should not need to be allocated and should never
    be accessed). Zero userspace-visible changes to output or interface.

    -- wli

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:04    [W:0.023 / U:3.464 seconds]