    Patrick> On Thu, 29 Jul 2004, Pavel Machek wrote:

    >> -mm swsusp now defaults to platform/firmware suspend... That's
    >> certainly unexpected, changes behaviour from previous version, and
    >> only works on one of three machines I have here. I'd like the
    >> default to be changed back. Please apply,

    Patrick> I'd rather leave it, and put pressure on the platform
    Patrick> implementations to be made to work. If you want to shutdown,
    Patrick> then specify it on the command line before you suspend (or
    Patrick> add it to the suspend script).

    Does _anyone_ have a machine where platform works?

    I can't recally anyone posted on the acpi/swsusp2/kernel lists that
    they had a platform implementation that worked.

    Perhaps they had no reason to post? Anyone out there with a laptop
    with a suspend to disk in formware/platform using ACPI that works?
    I'd love to be proven wrong...

    Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (GNU/Linux)
    Comment: Processed by Mailcrypt 3.5.8 <>

    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:04    [W:0.019 / U:27.712 seconds]