    SubjectRe: [patch] voluntary-preempt-
    On Thu, 2004-08-19 at 03:32, Ingo Molnar wrote:
    > i've uploaded the -P4 patch:

    I think I am seeing those weird ~1 ms latencies still (actually I am not
    sure I saw before now):

    This was the result of doing `make -j12' with a large C++ program (I
    know, I wanted to see what would happen). This gradually slowed the
    machine to a crawl - for a while I could watch the /proc/latency_trace
    fiels and see the latency gradually climbing. Eventually tha machine
    ground almost to a halt, with lots of disk activity., and trying to
    switch from X to a console window resulted in a blank screen for 2-3
    minutes. I did eventually get a text console and was able to kill all
    the cc1plus processes, and the machine went back to normal.

    The link above is the highest latency recorded during this episode.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:05    [W:0.021 / U:34.464 seconds]