    SubjectRe: [patch] enums to clear suspend-state confusion
    Hi!

    > > I can replace suspend_state_t with enum system_state, but it might
    > > mean that enum system_state will have to be extended with things like
    > > RUNTIME_PM_PCI_D0 in future... I guess that's easiest thing to do. It
    > > solves all the problems we have *now*.
    >
    > Can you not also provide a function
    >
    > pci_state_for(system_state)
    >
    > then most of the drivers don't have to care. It would also be nice

    I actually named that function to_pci_state(), but you had same idea.

    > to have a driver flag to indicate which devices can simply be
    > hotunplug/hotreplugged over a suspend and don't need extra duplicate
    > code.

    Hmm, I do not think it is that easy

    suspend is:
    stop hardware

    hotunplug is:
    stop hardware
    tell user/system it is gone

    So it is more like suspend is subset of hotunplug. If coded properly,
    hotunplug should probably call suspend code, resulting in no
    duplication.

    Pavel