    SubjectRe: Merge I2O patches from -mm
    On Sun, Aug 15, 2004 at 12:15:40AM -1000, Warren Togami wrote:
    > This is a request to please merge the I2O patches currently in Andrew
    > Morton's -mm tree into the mainline kernel. They resolve all known
    > reported issues with I2O RAID devices. If they can be included soon, it
    > would be possible to implement and test direct installation before FC3
    > Test2 freeze.

    I've looked over it and except for the i2o_scsi driver it looks sane.

    Cosmetic fixups I'd like to see done befoee merging to mainline:

    - run the code through Lindent
    - stop the needless file renaming. Splitting up i2o_core.c into multiple
    files is fine, but please don' rename the other drivers for the sake of

    Now to i2o_scsi:

    - the logic of "demand-allocating" Scsi_Hosts looks rather bad to me,
    life would be much simpler with a Scsi_Host per i2o device.
    - the slave_configure/i2o_scsi_probe_dev logical is quite horriblebut
    fortunately with the suggestion above it would just go away
    - the global list of hosts and wlaking it on exit is a very bad design,
    that's something the ->remove callback should do on per-device basis
    - the completely lack of SCSI EH in this driver scares me, does the firmware
    really handle all EH?

    cosemtic stuff in here:

    - <asm/*.h> after <linux/*.h>.
    - please include scsi headers using <scsi/*.h> (after linux and asm headers)
    - please use the standard pr_Debug instead of DBG
    - please reorder the functions a little so you don't need forward-declarations

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:05    [W:0.030 / U:84.544 seconds]