SubjectRe: [patch] enums to clear suspend-state confusion

> Now, Patrick has some plans with device power managment and they
> included something bigger being passed down to the drivers. I wanted
> to prepare for those plans.
> I can replace suspend_state_t with enum system_state, but it might
> mean that enum system_state will have to be extended with things like
> RUNTIME_PM_PCI_D0 in future... I guess that's easiest thing to do. It
> solves all the problems we have *now*.

Better is to use a typedef then, so that enum can be turned into a
pointer to a structure later on, and drivers using the "helper"
function to_pci_state() would not need any change when that transition

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:05    [W:0.093 / U:0.116 seconds]