SubjectRe: [Patch} to fix oops in olympic token ring driver on media disconnect
Mike_Phillips@URSCorp.com wrote:

>>Well, regardless, Neil's patch is IMO a good first step.
>>

>Neil's patch is to make the annoying regression test failure go away. To
>be honest I have had *one* user email me that this is a problem and once I
>gave them the "don't remove the cable on token ring, its not ethernet"
>talk, they were fine.

I'm confused mike, it makes an annoying regression test go away, and it
fixes the problem of one, now two users, not to mention anyone else who
didn't report this. Is there something specific you don't like about
this patch? If so, please let me know.

>>There is plenty of work in olympic for any motivated person :)
>>

>It works, its used by an ever decreasing number of users - let it have a
>peaceful and graceful old age.
>
>Mike

I don't think oopsing on a lobe fault is graceful, or peaceful to anyone
experiencing it. :)

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:05    [W:0.046 / U:0.260 seconds]