    SubjectRe: [Patch} to fix oops in olympic token ring driver on media disconnect
    On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 11:10:19 -0400 wrote:

    > > Well, regardless, Neil's patch is IMO a good first step.
    > Neil's patch is to make the annoying regression test failure go away. To
    > be honest I have had *one* user email me that this is a problem and once I
    > gave them the "don't remove the cable on token ring, its not ethernet"
    > talk, they were fine.

    Maybe they are afraid of your bofh-ness, man.

    > It works, its used by an ever decreasing number of users - let it have a
    > peaceful and graceful old age.

    I don't think this works with a bug so clear-cut as this one.

    On the USB front it's so hard to find any users with meaningful
    bug reports that I apply fixes for singular users, if they make
    broader sense. How do you know that that one user you mentioned is
    not a representative of countless IBM minions who clang their chains,
    pull Token Ring cables and cry in their dungeons...

    -- Pete

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:05    [W:0.020 / U:2.132 seconds]