SubjectRe: Packet writing problems
Il lun, 2004-08-16 alle 21:09, Peter Osterlund ha scritto:

> > > DVD+RW
> > > mkudffs /dev/hdc does not works... doing a strace opening /dev/hdc for
> > > read/write open returns EROFS (or similar). I tried with blockdev
> > > --setrw but still same errors...
> >
> > I see two problems. The first problem is that the Mt Rainier detection
> > can succeed when it shouldn't, because it forgets to check that the
> > "GET CONFIGURATION" command returns the MRW feature number.
>
> The second problem is in the dvdrw-support patch in the -mm kernel.
> (This patch is also included in the patch you are using.)
>
> The problem is that some drives fail the "GET CONFIGURATION" command
> when asked to only return 8 bytes. This happens for example on my
> drive, which is identified as:
>
> hdc: HL-DT-ST DVD+RW GCA-4040N, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive
>
> Since the cdrom_mmc3_profile() function already allocates 32 bytes for
> the reply buffer, this patch is enough to make the command succeed on
> my drive.

With these two patch both DVD-RW and DVD+RW works !!! Thanks you very much, it's a dream coming true.
It seems that DVD+RW works better (it's faster) with packet device than with direct writing (mounting /dev/hdc).
When I'll get back to work (on September) I'll test your patch with USB 2 device and another DVD writer.

freddy77

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:05    [W:0.198 / U:1.088 seconds]